This will definitely be one of THE events of 2012. Congratulations to the finalists of this year’s business plan competition! We look forward to seeing who wins.
Aside from the competition the summit has much to offer for the vetreins as well as the newcomers in this industry. Speakers include Jeff Makowka, Laura Mitchell, Laurie Orlov, Mary Furlong and Lori Bitter, just to name a few. This years keynote “A Fireside Chat: An Investor’s Perspective on the Longevity Economy”, will be presented by Marc Yi, Managing Director of Intel Capital. [More]
The top 5 finalists have been chosen!
The five finalists will give a five-minute presentation of their business plan onstage at the Summit. The finalists include:
- Calcula Technologies – has created a treatment for kidney stones that are smaller than 10mm in size. Calcula’s minimal evasive therapy can be provided in a doctor’s office.
- CircuSonic Therapeutics – has developed the CircuSonic Limb Tank to address peripheral artery disease (PAD). The patented non‐invasive medical device alleviates pain, accelerates wound healing and increases blood flow to the lower limbs.
- HyloMimetics – is developing a bioinspired molecule that prevents the progression of osteoarthritis and restores healthy cartilage, getting patients out of pain and remobilizing their lives.
- My Wonderful Life – is a free website where you can plan and personalize your funeral to celebrate the life you’ve lived. Its mission is to encourage the discussion of our deaths with our family members, and to take the burden off of our survivors.
- ROTO Mobility – designs and creates ergonomic and efficient mobility products that improve people’s health and active lives.
The grand prize winner will be chosen by a panel of distinguished judges that includes Andy Donner, director at Physic Ventures; Anne Hawkins, vice president at Great Hill Partners; Jody Holtzman, senior vice president, Thought Leadership at AARP; John Hopper, managing director at Linkage Ventures; Xander Mahony, venture capitalist for Draper Fisher Jurvetson; Scott Oliver, partner, Morrison Foerster; and Jeff Shoemate, vice president of innovation and business development for the senior markets segment of United Health Group.